Monday, April 29, 2013

Update 30/4/2013

Things have been really hectic at school, but here's a quick update of what I've been working on.

Choral Speaking
Much to my disappointment, even though we have practiced very hard, we only managed the fourth place in the district level. I have to admit that I was a bit too ambitious with the script. It was a little too complicated for primary school kids. My bad. Looking at the bright side though, I have a strong team of Year 4 pupils who have experience competing in the district level, has experienced defeat and did not give up. I will write a better script for next year and hopefully, we can win.

Penpal Project v. 2
I have started a penpal project with a school in Sweden. My 4 Jujur kids are in the process of typing their letters. We have limited computers at school, so that's a bit of a problem. Mostly, I let the kids use my laptop, which I bring to school everyday.

MELTA-Smart Kids Way With Words Competition 2013
I am preparing three teams from my school to compete in the competition which will be held at Persada Johor, JB next month. It'll be a tough challenge for the kids participating, but it will also be a good experience.

Bicara Berirama
This is my first time training bicara berirama or Malay choral speaking. I am in the process of refining the script and identifying talents among our school kids. Mostly, I will use my choral speakers as they already have experience in this field but I would also like to add some other students who can recite pantun, sajak, gurindam and syair extraordinarily. I am doing this with the help of a fellow teacher. We will be competing in the Pasir Gudang district level next month representing Pasir Gudang zone (Zone H). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...